Friday 10 February 2012

Apricot chicken

One of my favourite easy fail safe recipes that I learnt from a friend. Considering the lack of ingredients and the simplicity of putting it together, it is an amazing dish and perfect for a family meal or when cooking for a large number of people.

Ingredients:
6-8 chicken pieces (I prefer thighs)
1 can of apricot halves in syrup
1 pack of powdered french onion soup mix

I sometimes like to add a couple of chopped carrotts as well if I don't want to cook additional vegetables.

Empty the can of appricots and onion soup mix in a casserol dish and place the chicken on top.
If you would like slightly more sauce then you can add a cup of water.

Place in the oven for about 45-1hr at 180 c or until cooked.

Serve with rice. It is as easy as that.


No comments:

Post a Comment